Thursday, May 13, 2010

Oatmeal Lactation Cookies

When I was talking to a friend about my milk production she told me that eating oatmeal helps and also told me about a recipe for oatmeal cookies that were beneficial but she had not personally tried them. So, being curious and really wanting more milk for Little Guy, I got the ingredients and had my mom and sister make them. They were definitely delicious!!
I want to share the recipe with all of you...

Ingredients
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
4 tablespoons water
2 tablespoons flaxseed meal (available at WalMart)
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3 cups oats
1 cup chocolate chips
2-4 tablespoons brewer's yeast (Buy 1, Get 1 at Puritan's Pride)

Directions
1 Preheat oven to 350°.
2 Mix the flaxseed meal and water and let sit for 3-5 minutes.
3 Beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar well.
4 Add eggs and mix well.
5 Add flaxseed mix and vanilla, beat well.
6 Sift together flour, brewers yeast, baking soda, and salt.
7 Add dry ingredients to butter mix.
8 Stir in oats and chips.
9 Scoop onto baking sheet.
10 Bake for 12 minutes.
11 Let set for a couple minutes then remove from tray.

2 comments:

  1. I actually think they did help as I am on vacation now and w/o the cookies and don't feel the 'let down' as much.

    ReplyDelete